Walch #WashWithWALCH Campaign Terms & Conditions
OUJI SEIYAKU (M) SDN. BHD. with the Registration. No.: 1320147-V (“Walch Malaysia”) maintains this Facebook page (“Facebook Page”) (http://facebook.com/myWALCH) and is responsible for this contest. You can access and use this page only if you agree to and accept the terms and conditions applying to your use (“Terms and Conditions”) without limitation or reservation. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before accessing and browsing this Facebook Page. You may download material displayed on the Facebook Page for your non-commercial, personal use only. Additionally, you may not modify, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Facebook Page for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Walch Malaysia’s written permission. Walch Malaysia’s reserves the right to cancel or amend the contest mentioned on the Facebook Page or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Facebook Page or these Terms and Conditions.
A. Contest Period
- The Contest is open for participation from 25th November 2020 – 2nd January 2021. (“Contest Period”). Late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected responses will be deemed invalid. Walch Malaysia reserves the right to amend the Contest Period at any time without notice.
- The Contest is open to the public aged 18 years old and above at the time of entry in Malaysia.
- Employees of Walch Malaysia, its related entities, their advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible.
C. How to Enter
- Participants will need to follow the steps below:
- Purchase an item of any value on Walch Malaysia’s website (https://www.walchmalaysia.com/).
- Users are encouraged to spread the launch of Walch Malaysia’s website / eCommerce platform on their respective platforms. [Note: This action does not enhance chance of winning and entirely at the purview of the user].
- Contestant’s Facebook accounts must ensure their profile and posts are not set to “Private”.
D. How to Win
- Winners will be selected randomly where all valid entries submitted within the Contest Period will be considered.
- Multiple entries are allowed in accordance with the contest’s mechanics, however all contestants can only win once (1) throughout the Contest Period.
F. Notification of Winners
- The winners of Walch #WashWithWALCH Campaign (announcement of results) will be announced on this Facebook Page (http://facebook.com/WalchMalaysia) and/or Instagram Account (https://www.instagram.com/WalchMalaysia). He/she is required to acknowledge by return Private Message with name, NRIC number, email address and contact number on this Facebook Page (via Private Message). Walch Malaysia reserves the right to deal with all unclaimed prizes in any manner deemed fit.
- Where applicable, prizes not claimed within the stated time provided via PM shall be disposed of at Walch Malaysia’s sole discretion. Walch Malaysia’s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants in the contest, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding Walch Malaysia’s decision on the same. The receipt by any winner of any prize under this Contest is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Should the winners fail to collect the prizes within the stipulated duration without notifying Walch Malaysia, Walch Malaysia reserves the right to forfeit the prizes without any notice.
- Should there be any event which the winner could not collect the prizes, a representative is allowed to be appointed on behalf. However, a proof of representation (letter/chat/email), along with the NRIC has to be shown upon collection.
- Subject to the terms and conditions herein, there will only be total of twenty (20) winners.
- Each winner will receive one-years’ worth of Walch merchandise valued at RM6,000. Prize is non-transferable nor exchangeable to cash.
- The winners must produce proof of identity upon prize collection.
- If and when required, Walch Malaysia reserves the right to substitute the prizes to anything else of an equivalent value.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash and may be subject to availability. Value of the prizes may vary; Walch Malaysia reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice. Prize is valid for a year (from receipt) only.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the winner’s part to allow the use of the winner’s name, image, voice and/or likeness by Walch Malaysia for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of Walch Malaysia by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- By submitting the contest entries, each participant thereby: (a) specifically authorizes Walch Malaysia to use and/or license third parties to use such entry / images in whole or in part, throughout the universe, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or here after devised, and alone or together or as part of otherwise unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature; (b) represents and warrants that all elements contained in the contest entry (i) is original to the participant or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein, (ii) does and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the participant may be a party to, (iii) does not contain libelous, tortuous, or the publication or sale of which will violate any federal or state statute or regulation, (iv) is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful, and (v) shall not require Walch Malaysia to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of Walch Malaysia use or exploitation of the same.
- Representatives of Walch Malaysia will select the entries randomly.
- Walch Malaysia’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained about Walch Malaysia’s decision.
- The winner may be required to participate in public relations events tied to the contest to generate press coverage of the contest. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
- Walch Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid, false or incorrect information and profanity.
- Walch Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify all entries / images that are subjected to too much post-production edits or manipulation based on Walch Malaysia’s sole discretion.
- Walch Malaysia shall not be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize.
- Walch Malaysia is not responsible for any safe custody, return, non-delivery or missing of entries, late, misdirected, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
- By entering the Contest or accepting the prizes, entrants agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against Walch Malaysia, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, merchants, partners or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the Contest and acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
- All taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners, who shall be responsible for completing any applicable forms required by a taxing authority. The winners hereby agrees and accepts that by winning the Contest, the winners may incur taxes and other levies including but not limited to any prize tax or income tax etc. The winner hereby unconditionally accepts to bear any such tax or other levy.
I. Ownership and Publicity Release
- Except where prohibited, all submissions will be the property of Walch Malaysia.
- Entrant irrevocably grants, transfers, assigns and conveys to Walch Malaysia and its affiliates all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever in and to the entrants’ entries/ submission for usage in whole or in part, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices, whether now known or hereafter devised.
- Walch Malaysia may use the name and any photos/ video clips from the submissions/ entries for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without compensation.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant transfers and assigns to Walch Malaysia the whole of the copyright in their entries and hereby releases Walch Malaysia and its affiliates from any liability with respect thereto.
- Each entrant warrants to Walch Malaysia that his or her entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- Please be advised that all materials posted on the Facebook Page and website are subject to public downloading by third party viewers. Walch Malaysia shall not be held accountable or liable for any damages caused.
J. Privacy and Data Protection
- In respect of any third party’s personal information as disclosed by entrants in his/her submissions to Walch Malaysia, entrant hereby warrants that he/she has the right to do so and he/she has obtained the consent from such third party to disclose such personal information.
- Entrant shall be responsible for ensuring that such disclosures are in compliance with the provisions of Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Entrants may notify of any updates, amendments and corrections to previously collected information via Facebook page and the website.
K. General Conditions
- By submitting the Contest entry(ies), each entrant thereby represents and warrants that all elements contained in the submitted contest entry is original, previous unpublished and do not contain any third-party copyrighted material, does not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement which the participant may be a party thereto, does not contain libellous, tortuous, or the publication or sale of which will violate any federal or state statute or regulation; and is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful.
- The entrant should be able to provide on request all clearances, permissions and releases for the submission, including releases from all persons appearing in the photographs, and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of the photograph (in the event a submitting entrant cannot provide all required releases, Walch Malaysia reserves the right, in the Walch Malaysia’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Walch Malaysia’s benefit, or allow the applicable submission to remain in the Contest).
- The entrant shall not require Walch Malaysia to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of Walch Malaysia’s use or exploitation of the same.
- Representatives of Walch Malaysia will select entries that are deemed the most relevant by Walch Malaysia as the winner(s).
- All Walch Malaysia’s decisions are final and binding. No appeal or correspondence will be entertained into.
- The winner may be required to participate in public relations events which are related to the Contest to generate press coverage of the Contest. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
- Walch Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify any invalid entry that does not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include any entry which is submitted with false, misrepresentation or incorrect information.
- Walch Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify all entries/images that are subjected to over post-production edits or manipulation based on Walch Malaysia’s sole discretion.
- Walch Malaysia reserves the right to add, delete, vary or amend any of these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notification. Any amendments or updates will either be updated within these Terms & Conditions on the Facebook page.
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook. The Contest is governed by the law of Malaysia.
- Walch Malaysia will not be held responsible from any liabilities should the participant fail to comply with the terms.